Care for your silver jewellery and pearls
- 1. Store your jewellery in a clean, dry place
- 2. Don’tÂ put pieces together as they can chip or scratch.
- 3. KeepÂ items stored in small zip lockÂ bags, separate boxes or in pieces of tissue paper.
- 4. The delicate nature of pearls makes them particularly susceptible to damage.
- 5. Cosmetics, hair sprays and perfume may contain substances that can damage pearls. ApplyÂ cosmetics and perfumesÂ before putting on any pearl jewellery. When you remove your pearl jewellery wipe it carefully with a soft cloth to remove any traces of these cosmetics and perfume.
- 6. Pearl jewellery should be kept separate from other jewelleryÂ as can be scratched by hard metal edges or by gemstones of other pieces.
- 7. Silver naturally tarnishes due to sulphur dioxide in the atmosphere reacting with the surface of the metal. This can be easily cleaned with a liquid cleaner or cloth available from jewellery stores.
- 8. Remember don’t leave jewellery laying or hanging in the open air. A jewellery box is an essential part of jewellery care. Keep you jewellery out of site for freshness and security, but not out of mind. Jewellery is there to be worn !